Thursday 11 February 2016

Valentine's Day No Prep Math & Literacy Pack

Can I just take a moment and say how much I love what I do? We all have our days where things do not seem to go right but at the end of the day, I love that I get to work with little lovelies every day! They love learning at this age and I am so eager to teach them everything I can.

This week was definitely chaotic. We were supposed to have day 100 but due to two snow days on Monday and Tuesday, it has been pushed to next week. Stay tuned for some great ideas that I used in another blog post. To top off our two snow days, for some unknown reason, the town my school is located in lost power yesterday and the students had to be dismissed at lunch. Needless to say, a teachers work is never completed. Although I didn't have my students, I spent the day correcting and then creating wonderful Valentine's Day activities for my grade ones and I am hoping they will be delighted to use them!

In my Valentine Math & Literacy No Prep Pack, I have included numerous worksheets for you to use with your students. I hope that they enjoy it as much as mine have! You can do them as full class activities or put them into a station or center that works for you.

These worksheets meet the following concepts:

Math:

-Filling in Missing Numbers on a Hundred's Chart
-Finding Missing Numbers 1-30
-Counting by 5's to 100-Counting by 2's to 24
-Addition to 20-Soting 2-D and 3-D Objects
-What comes Before, Between and After Numbers
-Ten Frames-Patterning
-Colour by Number


Literacy:
-Word Families (4 sheets)
-Roll a Sight Word (4 sheets)
-Count the Syllables
-Word Search
-Word Scramble
-Beginning Sounds
-Ending Sounds
-Write about Valentine's Day (2 sheets)

It is going way better than I thought and will definitely be adding more products like this to my store, including a Saint Patrick's pack, Easter pack and an every day pack! Stay tuned for more updates about these.

I also spent some time over the past week putting together a Valentine's Bingo (which we will be using in our class for the shuffle on Friday - see below). Head over to my store to check it out! I am going to laminate it today after school. Thank goodness for Creative Clips Clipart because she makes everything I make look so much better!

I have to say, I have an addiction to Krista Wallden's Creative Clips Clipart. Every time she posts new products, I am so excited to purchase them and put it to use in anything that I create. If you ask any of the teachers at my school, I am always adding her borders and clipart to everything I use. Not to mention my students love her work as well! To top it off, she created a FREE Valentine's Day colouring book that my students are loving right now. We use it every chance we have a free moment. We all have heard about the adult colouring books craze (and honestly, who doesn't love colouring therapy?) so why not take a few minutes for your students to enjoy the art of colouring as well? I sent the link to the colouring book to all the Primary and Grade One teachers in my school.

Needless to say, tomorrow is going to fly by! We are heading to the local theatre to show the students Inside Out. It connects with our PATHS program and we will be talking about our emotions and how they affect us. Then we will exchange Valentine's, followed by a grade one shuffle in the afternoon. I am so excited to share how tomorrow goes so make sure you pop back by to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment