Friday 29 January 2016

Five for Friday

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/

I cannot believe we have another Five for Friday already! These weeks are just flying by!

Here are a few things that I am thankful for this week!




Last year my boyfriend surprised me by buying me a copy of The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series! This was such an amazing purchase! I love how the booklet is broken into topics. On Thursday, our school went skating and the kids were just all over the place. We had been working hard to learn about habitats earlier in the year and I thought this would be a perfect time to show the episode on Habitats. What a dream class! Everyone was engaged and we had the best discussion afterwards! Mrs. Frizzle has it going on!


I started teaching Youth Yoga through Bridgewater Parks and Rec this week. I had such a great night with my group and I cannot wait to teach it again this Monday coming! I also have my last session for the season with my yoga kids through the local YMCA on Saturday. My Yogis are absolutely wonderful this week and I wish I could show a picture of them because they were so cute doing their poses, but alas, with all the internet


My Scholastic book order arrived on Wednesday. I don't know about you folks, but I always love it when that arrives! I have a guilty pleasure for those picture books and the kids always love the new stories that I find! How about you?



For Christmas I bought myself a necklace and earring frame to hang on my wall. I had given it to my parents to give to me but complained that I probably could have just made myself a DIY one. On Christmas morning, I didn't have a frame to open which was a little bit weird. Well... I went over to their house for supper last night and my dad said he had a surprise for me. They had secretly returned the one I had purchased and my parents had made me one together. They painted the screen so it would match my bedroom, picked out handles to match my colour scheme and made it with a swing door so I can access my earrings easily! I just have to say, I have the BEST parents ever! Thank you!!



Lastly, on Wednesday I had my TPTiversary! It was one year ago that day that I posted my very first item on TPT. It has been a big year with a lot of ups and downs. I continue to struggle to make the sales that I want but I know that I am learning along the way and that is all that matters. I am going to continue to make some quality activities for students and hopefully I will continue to grow my little following. In honour of the big day, I made a little number practice for your students. I have done it with a few of my struggling grade ones and their number knowledge is really coming! Fingers crossed it works for you too!!!


8 comments:

  1. I love getting mail! Those scholastic book boxes are like gold! Congrats! Your number practice sheets look great! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just placed another order with lots of goodies today! I cannot believe how happy those scholastic book boxes make me! Thanks for the comment and I hope you have a great weekend too!!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel - the days are going by so fast that Friday feels like it's come around in the blink of an eye - not that I'm complaining, I do love a weekend! We used to love using the Magic School Bus - what a great gift! I love that your parents made it themselves for you - it's absolutely adorable and such a lovely keepsake! Have a great weekend!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny because this week went so slow and it was two snow days and on Wednesday we randomly lost power and the students went home early. Funny how those things happen! I love his random but thoughtful gifts! Magic School Bus is great in a pinch! :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Tony is the best! What an amazing gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Scholastic book orders! My husband bought me a rolling cart with drawers for center materials. He knows what elementary school teachers like! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those rolling carts are amazing! I bought two of them from Costco for my scrapbooking and card making materials. Once I have a permanent job and I am not moving schools every year, I am going to have to invest in some for center materials!

      Delete