Friday 12 February 2016

Five for Friday

Well there were a lot of great things that happened again this week. There were so many that I actually had to do an elimination of some things. I love when I can be organized enough to think about this each day and decide which items I want to pick and choose to share with everyone. Check them out below:
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/

We had a wicked snow storm on Monday afternoon into Tuesday. My parents are away in Scotland to visit the newest addition to our family, my niece Charlie, so I am staying at their house to look after their dog throughout the week. Needless to say Tuesday had a lot of shovelling in my day plan. On Wednesday I headed back to my apartment to pick up some things for the rest of the week. The 40 minute drive home from work was definitely not the best because all I was thinking about was the shovelling I would have to do when I got back here. Well... my first Five for Friday has to be my amazing landlords! They shovelled out my apartment and had everything ready for my arrival!! Sweetest gift I could have asked for this week! Thank you!

The two storm days resulted in days away from my wonderful students which allowed me to spend some time prepping for Valentine's Day in our classroom. I created two TpT products (Valentine's Day No Prep Math & Literacy Pack and Valentine's Day Bingo) that have been doing super well all week! It took me awhile to get into this TpT idea but I have to say I am so pleased with how well the products are doing. I still can't believe people want to buy things I create for my students. Just another reason why I love my job and what I do!



Number 2 leads into number 3 for me! Today was our Valentine's Party and although I had no voice and my partner teacher was out, our substitute was so awesome and stepped up! She took over and managed the day so I could sit back and save my voice to spend with my kiddos. We went to the local Astor Theatre (which I had never been to before!) to see Inside Out! Some of the students had never seen it before so it was a treat to take them! Then we came back, passed out our Valentine's and had some treats before it was story time, followed by home time! Lovely day!

My niece Sloane totally gets a whole section to herself here! Right now she is living with us throughout the week while my sister does a work term locally. Everyday I get to come home from school and pick her up from daycare! Watching her run up to me when I arrive takes all my problems from the day and lets them go. No dwelling with this little smile!
I have been fighting a cold all week. You know, the kind that takes your voice away, gives you a runny nose and makes you cough really bad... one of those! Anyway, I am excited that I survived, that I made it to Yoga last night regardless if being exhausted, that it is the weekend, and that Monday is Nova Scotia's new holiday: Family Day! Yay for recovery!

Some things that didn't make it into the post was the possible release of the Harry Potter Script and Jesse being added to the cast of Gilmore Girls! What five things happened to you this week? Share away!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment