Monday 8 August 2016

Teacher Planner Organization

Anyone else obsessed with the new teacher planners that come out every year? I drool every time I look at them! A few months ago I learned about the different types of planners that were available to teachers when planning out their weeks. Up until this point I was focused on creating my own every year and modifying it to suit my needs. I always enjoyed doing this but it was a lot of work and I never thought to look elsewhere. Then, it was as if the light was shining down and a friend introduced me to the variety of teacher planners out there!

Ta Da!

Soon after I luckily won a C. Jayne Teach Teacher Anchor from a Facebook share and was happily surprised by how fantastic this planner is! Inside this one little planner is everything I need for the year. It is all in one place! There is a place for my lesson plans, transportation lists, contact information, allergy information, birthday lists, monthly calendars, student grades and the best part, there are even black line masters to a variety of student data forms.


Anyway, so here you are, thinking that I am here to promote the Teacher Anchor, because, well, it really kicks some butt!

But, I am really here to ask you some questions. So let me get to it...

I have never had one of these planners before and I was terrified to write in its beautiful pages. I have been sitting staring at it and thinking about what to do first.



Today, after having it for a month, I wrote in it for the first time. I got out my beautiful Papermate flair pens, my washi tape, and my school calendar and got to work... But I only got as far as August until I realized I think I wanted some inspiration.


This is where you come in! I tried looking on Instagram but there wasn't much there about these planners. I tried numerous hashtags and looked at Pinterest... but again, was overwhelmed and didn't see too much.

How do you use your planner? How do you begin to plan for your year? What do you like to do to get you in the mood to plan? Do you dress it up with flair pens and washi tape? Or just leave it clean and simple?


The countdown is on! Only 3 weeks until I go back to school for my first of numerous summer PD sessions and 4 weeks until the kiddos come back! My mind is full and I have no idea where to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment