Friday 13 November 2015

Five for Friday

Hey folks! Well it is Friday the 13th and we all made it through. I figure there is no better way to start this blog than linking up with the blog Doodle Bugs Teaching and her five for Friday party!! Five for Friday is a linky party where teachers post about five random things from their week. And ladies and gentlemen, mine are certainly random this week! Let's get started!



My amazing week began by having my blog totally redesigned by A Little Peace of Africa. I signed up in the middle of October and was counting down the days until the big reveal. I am so impressed and keep coming back to check to see what it looks like. I love the colours and the themes. I cannot say 'Thank You' enough... but maybe one more time! Thank you!!!


This past weekend I went to see an amazing little apartment in my hometown. I am excited to announce that I am signing the lease (hope this doesn't jinx it) and will be moving in in December. It has been awhile since I have lived out on my own but am so excited to take the plunge again. Just think of all the decorating possibilities! I have a feeling that there will be lonely days ahead but I cannot wait to come home from work to a place that is my own. The apartment is the perfect next step and where I am in my life. I am excited to see where it takes me!!


I was really slack on taking photos this week. There were tons of exciting things happening at school from the Remembrance Day ceremony, to Bus Evacuation Drill, to Lock Down Drills and Mad Science presentations. Needless to say, it was a great week to be on top of my game and completing my report cards at least 4 days before they were due. I can honestly say that I know all about procrastination. It is the name of my game most years when it comes to these. This year I am job sharing with a lovely teacher and she is far from a procrastinator. With her help, we completed them early and I was able to celebrate that accomplishment! Thank you!


What photos I did take this week were today during my math stations. I have made it my goal this year to make these a reality, regularly. So far this year I have made it through three or four rounds. Along with math stations, I have been working on my guided math practices. They are coming along and I am excited to say they are something I look forward to everyday. Right now we are working on number sense goals such as estimation and counting to 100. My grade ones worked so hard today to complete these! We did skip counting puzzles, missing numbers and matching number cards. Needless to say, their independence during these stations has certainly made me a proud teacher this week.



Lastly, my favourite part of my week was Coco Chanel. My mom and dad's dog has got to be the cutest little puppy. Actually, this week I taught Yoga to my little group of kiddos and one of the little boys reminded me that his dog was not a puppy, but a small dog. So correction: Coco has got to be the cutest dog. My parents were away for a part of the week so I was taking care of her. Coming home everyday to her excited prance always brought a smile to my face, even when the day was hard. Last night, she even chased the geese off of our yard. She definitely makes a good guard dog :)



Thanks everyone for reading! I will update with a post about our art lesson on Monday! We ran out of time today with everything that was happening so students are excited to get started next week on their creativity!

See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment