Wednesday 8 February 2017

Who doesn't love a good TpT sale?

TpT sales are my absolute favourite because of all the amazing products there are to buy! Last week I made a significant grade change and so I am in need of some sprucing up of my resources. Needless to say, I was at a loss of what to buy. I made the change from grade 2 math to grade 5 ELA, health, and art. Not to mention, the brand new school that came with this change. Anyway, if you have any suggestions of must have products, I would love to hear about them, even after the sale is done and over with. I haven't taught ELA in over two years and the last time I did, it was grade primary so I will be getting used to the change over the next few months.

Needless to say, I did find some goodies though to buy today!

I started off buying some of Krista Wallden's beautiful clip art. This product won't really be helpful in grade 5 but I know I still have a lot of followers in the lower grades so I am excited to add some of these to my store this weekend. I already added one to my Valentine's Day No Prep Literacy and Math Pack! I will likely add the rest this weekend so check them out.



I am excited that she is including so many holidays in this pack. I am just obsessed with her clip art.

Next up, I purchased some simple borders to use on some upcoming products. I love Sonya DeHart's borders because they are clean and sharp looking!


I also bought some grade products for my grade five class that I hope will be helpful for planning. 

The other 50% of my job is Reading Recovery so I have to say I think I am pretty good at guided reading. However, I have never done guided reading in grade 5 so I have to say this is where I need the most help. Any advice is welcome at this point and time. Fact is, my class rocks at reading! They are all where they are supposed to be and that is terrific. In order to help them even further, I picked up this package to help them with their reading tasks. 


It seemed like a good place to start because Jen Bengel has laid out the the planning, objectives and organizers for these specific levels. I thought I would start here and see where it takes me over the next few months!

Lastly, I am trying to set the tone of classroom community in my grade five room. Fact is, I am only with them for half of the day and I am a complete stranger to them. It is going to take time to build that community so I thought that this product from Miss 5th would be perfect!



So there you have it... my four big purchases for my snowy day at home! What did you buy? What did you wishlist? What advice do you have for a new grade 5 teacher! Comment below and let me know!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment