Friday 8 January 2016

Five for Friday

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.ca/



Last year a lot of really great things happened to me and I have a lot to be thankful for. I can only imagine what 2016 is going to bring and I am ready to take it on with open arms. Here are a list of 5 great things that happened this week.

This was my first full week on my own in my new apartment. Although there were some very emotional days (transitions are hard to adults too), it is so gratifying to come home and have a place to call your own. I built my first fire on my own and was able to keep it going in the "comfortable" zone. I know this may sound pathetic to some but I totally rocked my first week... until my toilet flooded last night and I had to get my friendly neighbourhood handyman to come fix it. Needless to say, my week ended with an adventure.






I started a few different goals for 2016. My first goal was to take time for myself this year and one way I plan on doing that is to read at least a book a month. I have a stack of books that need to be read but unfortunately they are in a box in a pile of boxes that I just haven't unpacked yet. So, I started Me Before You by Jojo Moyes on my iPad this week... and finished it this week. It was such a good book but I have to say that I cried a lot more in that book than I think I have ever cried in a book. Do you ever get the feeling after you finish a good book that something is missing from your life? Well I am totally going through withdrawals of the characters in this one. If you haven't read it yet, go do it. I doubt you will regret it.



I promised myself that I would do some serious food prep in my new place so that things went smoother during the week and that I would have more time for fun things. I should note that I love cooking though so that is totally a fun thing. Anyway, I made some delicious treats including a quinoa salad, spinach salad, and lasagna cupcakes. I nabbed this recipe from my wonderful boyfriend's blog. He really knows his way around the kitchen. These lasagna cupcakes were easy, amazingly delicious and quick to make. I froze a ton of them and now just grab them for in my lunches every now and then. You can check out the recipe here if you wanted to give it a go! He is going to update it this weekend with a new post so stay tuned!!



This was a busy week at school with lots of absences. Maybe that is why I am feeling under the weather? Anyway, needless to say, I thought about taking lots of pictures this week of some of the things we were doing but never got around to a single one. I spent some time teaching them how to play a great new game I found from Primarily Speaking when she posted on Primary Powers. We played "Walk the Plank" to practice our addition strategies and my grade ones loved it! They loved it so much that they were requesting to play when I suggested it later on in the week. I will be adding it to our math stations when we get to them later this month for sure (and I promise to have some pictures as well ;))


I am excited that I got to spend some time making a new bingo game this week. I feel like this one has taken me forever and that if I maybe post promising that it will be posted on my TpT store this week, then it will kick my bum into gear to get it done. Look forward to a post about this, this week! In the meantime, check out the rest of my products at my store!


Another one of my goals this week was to make great use of my blog. So check back soon for an update from my class to yours :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment